Recently it’s come to my attention that an FDA-required study is actively recruiting 900 NEW WOMEN for a study designed to test Coloplast’s Restorelle vaginal mesh for POP. The study aims to test the efficacy of Coloplast’s products against the use of native tissues for the repair of organ prolapse.
Here is the official FDA registration of the study and its participants:
LET’S START BY TAKING THE IMMEDIATE ACTIONS THAT WE CAN. Let’s start by calling each of these doctors and/or the designers of this study for that doctor/hospital practice.
TODAY, LET’S CALL THE FIRST DOCTOR ON THE LIST OF RECRUITING PHYSICIANS.
Tomorrow another participating physician, and so on.
|Sherry Thomas, M.D.|
|Agoura Hills, California, United States, 91301|
|Contact: Shirley Louis 818-991-0988|
|Principal Investigator: Sherry Thomas, MD, MPH|
Suggestions for your call:
- You might first start by asking questions and listening.
- WHY are they participating in the study?
- HAVE they seen the research proving mesh is unsafe as a permanent implant?
- AREN’T they aware of the adverse reactions of the patients they have formerly implanted?
- ASK – What’s in it for you doctor? Are you being personally compensated for this study and in what ways?
- AREN’T they aware of the liability they face. In bellwether trials, some physicians who’ve testified no longer practice.
- Tell them WHY you do not want this study to proceed
- Explain to them that you will take other actions, like contacting your state’s AG
- Tell them that you will use your voice online to dissuade women from becoming patients of their practice
Yesterday, we focused on Dr. Arturo Menchaca of Paris Community Hospital in Paris, Illinois. See that post here: Coloplast Teams Up with Dr. Arturo Menchaca for a studay that will Implant Mesh in New Women